Condo/HOA Law and Litigation
The Kistemaker Business Law Group has over 15 years of experience in counseling clients on matters related to condominium, timeshare, and homeowner associations. We have represented over 150 Associations in central and north Florida. In addition, we have served on three Community Development District boards. Our firm provides legal counseling to country clubs, master associations, and sub associations. Our skills and tenacity help us secure our clients’ interests at minimal cost.
Types of Services
- Prepare, amend, review, analyze, and assist with enforcement of governing documents
- Advise as to federal, state and local court rulings impacting community associations
- Advise on issues regarding operational, technical, regulatory, and practical issues
- Prepare and review contracts for the operation, maintenance, management, and repair of community property
- Provide counsel as to repair and maintenance issues
- Prepare contracts for construction projects and assist with compliance with construction lien laws
- Provide legal counsel and opinion letters required for various funding matters
- Assist the Board of Directors on all fiscal matters
- Attend Board of Directors meetings
- Assist with all types of dispute resolution and litigation
- Collect delinquent assessments
- Provide legal counsel on employment issues
- Speak publicly with regard to Community Association matters, including legislative updates
- Advise, counsel and assist with disputes involving construction defects, mechanics liens and delayed projects.
- Representation before the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Condominiums, et. al. at mediation or arbitration
Community Association Program (CAP)
All community associations who have engaged Kistemaker Business Law Group as general counsel are enrolled in the Community Association Program (“CAP”). Through CAP, our lawyers are able to provide the dedicated service they believe is necessary to assist Community Association Boards in doing their job in the most effective manner.
Kistemaker Business Law Group will provide all members of CAP:
- No charge for Quick Calls/Questions (under ten (10) min. not requiring research).
- One annual comprehensive review meeting with the Board of Directors and CAM (if desired), to review any new laws, regulations and any other issues that need to be addressed (“CAP Review Meeting”) – scheduled upon request; and
- Always have access to our blog (link), legal resources, Kistemaker Newsletters
- We also provide notices and such for annual meetings and board meetings.
We also offer some flat fee schedules, including, but not limited to: a governing document review package, where for a flat fee we will review a community association’s governing documents, identify areas that should be amended and meet with the board to discuss the same; and, our lien and collection packages to assist with the collection of past due assessments.