Condo & HOA Law and Litigation
The firm has over two decades of experience in counseling clients on matters related to COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION LAW MATTERS (Condominiums, Homeowner Associations, Timeshares, Co-Ops, Condotels, CDDs, Country clubs, Mobile Homes, and Individuals living in Associations). We have represented over 200 Associations in central and north Florida. In addition, we have served on several Community Development District Boards. Our firm provides legal counseling to master associations and sub associations of both Condominiums and HOAs, Commercial and Residential. Our skills and tenacity help us secure our clients’ interests at minimal cost.
Community Association Law Legal Services
- COLLECTIONS (DELINQUENT ASSESSMENTS)
- COVENANT, BYLAW, & RULE ENFORCEMENT
- FINING Advise as to federal, state and local court rulings impacting community associations
- AMENDING GOVERNING DOCUMENTS (DECLARATION, BYLAWS, ARTICLES)
- PREPARE AND AMENDING RULES AND REGULATIONS & POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- LEGAL OPINIONS & ADVICE
- CONTRACT REVIEW FOR THE OPERATION, MAINTENANCE, MANAGEMENT, & REPAIR OF THE COMMUNITY PROPERTY
- LITIGATION, ARBITRATION, MEDIATION (DISPUTE RESOLUTION)
- MRTA (PRESERVATION AND RENEWAL)
- PROVIDE GUIDANCE ON CONSTRUCTION RESTORATION, REPAIR, & MAINTENANCE ISSUES
- CONSTRUCTION DEFECTS
- TRANSITION FROM DEVELOPER CONTROL
- ATTENDANCE AT BOARD OF DIRECTOR MEETINGS
- ASSIST ON ALL FISCAL MATTERS
- ESTOPPEL & PAYMENTS
- PROVIDE LEGAL COUNSEL ON EMPLOYMENT ISSUES
- SPEAK PUBLICLY WITH REGARD TO COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION MATTERS, INCLUDING BOARD CERTIFICATION AND LEGISLATIVE UPDATES
Community Association Program (CAP)
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS who have engaged Kistemaker Business Law Group as general counsel are enrolled in the Community Association Program (CAP). Through CAP, our lawyers are able to provide the dedicated service they believe is necessary to assist Community Association Boards in doing their job in the most effective manner. The Firm presents a Community Association BOOTCAMP (EDUCATIONAL SERIES OF SEMINARS) free of charge to board members and cams, 4 seminars a year.
We also offer some flat fee schedules, including, but not limited to: a governing document review package, where for a flat fee we will review a community association’s governing documents, identify areas that should be amended and meet with the board to discuss the same; and, our lien and collection packages to assist with the collection of past due assessments.