Kistemaker Business Law Group prepares and provides the key legal documents for Estate Planning. The key legal documents prepared are as follows:
- Last Will and Testament is a legal document that expresses a person’s (testator) wishes as to how their property (estate) is to be distributed after their death and as to which person (executor) is to manage the property until its final distribution.
- Durable Power of Attorney is a written authorization to represent or act on another’s behalf in private affairs, business, or some other legal matter. The person authorizing the other to act is the principal and the one authorized to act is the agent.
- Living Will (Advance Directive) is a legal document in which a person specifies what actions should be taken for their health if they are no longer able to make decisions for themselves because of illness or incapacity.
- Designation of Health Care Surrogate is a written document designating a surrogate to make health care decisions for a principal or receive health information on behalf of a principal, or both.
- Revocable Trusts are legal documents that determine how your assets are managed during your life and how those assets will be distributed after your death. A revocable trust becomes irrevocable at the grantor’s death and helps to avoid probate proceedings and can significantly reduce taxes after death. This can result in a much quicker distribution of your assets after your death so that your family is not in limbo and waiting on the courts.
Simple Estate Planning provides solutions to ensure that you and your family are protected and prepared for the inevitable and the unexpected.
Contact Kistemaker Business Law Group today to get started with the process of planning for you and your family’s future. We offer estate planning packages suited for your needs, whether you are single or married, young or older.